My only question if Harper closes Parliament again...

...is, what will the Opposition do this time?

Last time Stephen Harper closed Parliament in order to avoid it, I was disappointed at the response. There was some bluster and much puffing, but given the extent of the offence, I was shocked at how tepid the Opposition was in response.

When a pseudo-Straussian fascist arbitrarily closes Parliament in order to avoid democratic processes and decisions he doesn't like, the response should not be a flurry of press releases and talking heads furiously hand waving.

Instead, our Parliamentarians should be storming the Hill.

We will need action, not reaction. Real risky, sweaty effort, not armchair criticism.

I'm not calling for armed rebellion or anything, but some extended and creative activism would be most welcome.

Sadly, this bunch is not up to the task. They still do not know their enemy.

If Harper locks Parliament until after the Olympics, we will have two months of Conservative attacks ads and government funded partisan adverts to look forward to as the Conservatives strive to shape public opinion sufficiently in their favour to prepare for a Spring post-Olympic election.

I predict a small Harper majority win, based upon several months of propaganda targeting wedge groups of voters and key ridings.

Unless our hapless Opposition wakes up.

As if.

No comments:

Not here, Over There!

Looking for me? This blog has been dead for quite a while. You can find my latest blog at https://korptopia.blogspot.ca/ My other social m...