Conservative Arrogance 5


Shorter Stephen Harper: My minority government should work with less oversight than a majority government and be less exposed to the majority will of Parliament because it's... a minority government not reflecting the will of a majority of Canadians... Okay, that excuse doesn't work too well, does it? Okay, how about this one: Parliament is just a place where everyone plays silly games, but not me. Oh no, not me. Trust me. Canadian voted for me to run government, though most voted for someone else, so I'm serious about making Parliament work, unless I'm mired in scandal, in which case I coincidentally have to quietly prorogue Parliament without warming because we need time to put together the budget...  Oh, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty just said he'll have no problems doing a budget while Parliament sits... Right, Parliament extensively sat though both World Wars... Okay, that doesn't work... Look, let me be clear, I had a legitimate reason to quietly prorogue Parliament during the holidays without warning, and you'll know that reason as soon as I find a talking point that actually works. It had nothing to do with avoing the Order of Parliament demanding the handing over of theAghan Detainee documents. Not at all.

1 comment:

CanNurse said...

Good "shorter", Mark! And there's the new one in the TO Star tonight.... "The Government (i.e.Me) works better when Parliament MPs aren't in the House." I'm not kidding!
The man is pondscum.

Not here, Over There!

Looking for me? This blog has been dead for quite a while. You can find my latest blog at https://korptopia.blogspot.ca/ My other social m...