Perusing The Toronto Sun's online front page (yes, it happens), I was struck by what the creators of that site consider to be important information for its readers.
I call them readers, but The Toronto Sun seem to barely consider them capable.
As you hover over the tabloid images, a popup image appears giving you one of two essential pieces of advice: Either it's a video, or, as shown to the side here, a Quick Read.
I looked over every image. None were advertised as a long read, or an intermediate one.
Quick is a virtue, and, apparently, a necessary enticement for The Sun's readers.
I know. I know. The Sun's readers are all hard-working conservatives with no time for petty things like details. Eventually, The Toronto Sun may get rid of text altogether and just post pictures accompanied by your expected emotions. 'Good!' 'Bad!' 'Be angry!' 'Bizare!'
An interrogation of "It doesn’t have to be true. It just has to be plausible..." —Tom Flanagan, former Harper adviser.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be Pleased at America's Greed
The Canadian Shield. Days! I have spent days wanting to write about Canada's attempts to negotiate a reduction in these coercive tariffs...
-
Don't take the bribe! Jack is making conciliatory noises towards Harper. Harper averted a summer election by placating Ignatieff wit...
-
This is a photo show making the rounds of the 'Tea Baggers' protest in Washngton DC the other day. Take a good hard look at the dem...
-
Short of Harper getting a majority, if the Liberals truly know what they are doing, Ignatieff will be our PM within six months. Ignatieff ...

No comments:
Post a Comment