Kenney: Misson Accomplished

I've been reading all over that Minister Jason Kenney is attacking the refugee claimant backlog with his proposed new rules. All over. With the exception of The Star's Thomas Walkom, no one else I've read has mentioned that the huge backlog has been largely caused by Kenney himself.

Auditor General Sheila Fraser reported in 2009 that two-thirds of the backlog has been caused by the Conservative government's decision to leave one-third of the positions on the Immigration and Refugee Board unfilled.

It's the old create a useful crisis trick.

Aside from Walkom, no one's calling him on it. No wonder they pull stunts like this.

1 comment:

Holly Stick said...

And haven't I heard him lately waxing indignant about how outrageous it is that people should have to wait so long.

Not here, Over There!

Looking for me? This blog has been dead for quite a while. You can find my latest blog at https://korptopia.blogspot.ca/ My other social m...